Water Conservation Drop by Drop - Fix A Leak
Fix a Leak Week is celebrated in March of each year - a time to remind us to check household fixtures and irrigation systems for leaks.
Some Facts on Leaks:
More at the info source EPA.gov
- Leaks can account for, on average, 10,000 gallons of water wasted in the home every year.
- 10% of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more per day.
Some useful resources on water leak checks:
- Fix a leak info and tips by Epa.gov Watersense
- Follow these steps to determine if you have a leak in a domestic or a sprinkler irrigation system. ICRA.org
- Drip Calculator: How much water does a leaking faucet waste?
Find more tips on Twitter search for the hashtag: #fixaleak
For more information on water conservation, visit these websites: