Bamboos are versatile resources that can help us tackle and live with climate change. Over the past three years, INBAR has studied how bamboos can help people mitigate and adapt to climate change, whilst growing and processing them to improve their livelihoods.
Bamboos help us all mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change by:
Do you agree?
- Absorbing and storing carbon;
- Protecting forests and watersheds;
- Insulating environments against extreme weather;
- Providing low-cost, green housing and infrastructure;
- Providing cleaner biofuels;
- Providing renewable, sustainable resource for generating incomes; and
- Increasing the range and season of food sources.